This Leap Day, choose local. Here are four ways you can support your great local businesses today! #leapintolocal #taketheleap #shopGBBA
Ten great offers and promotions from our members! #shopGBBA
1) Cozy Cabin Bake Shoppe -- Look for our flyer in town! Mention the location you saw it at and receive 10% off a special order! http://www.cozycabinbakeshoppe.com/
2) AMC Mohican Outdoor Center --The Wilderness First Aid (WFA) course will teach you how to deal with common medical incidents and accidents that occur in the backcountry. It stresses safety, preparation, crisis avoidance, and the treatment of problems such as blisters, sprains, hypothermia, heat disorders, protection from the elements and more. This course also discusses long-term patient care, a reality of backcountry travel. The WFA is a 16-hour course and can be used to re-certify a WFR level of training. Cost includes lodging, meals, and instruction. For more information and to register click >>http://goo.gl/yL770p.
3) Knot Just Flies, LLC -- March 26, 2016 from 12pm-3pm!!! Mark your calendar for our 1st year Anniversary Celebration and Open House!!! http://knotjustflies.com/
4) North Warren Regional School District -- Godspell, Fri March 18 @ 7:30 PM Sat March 19 @ 7:30 PM Sun March 20 @ 3:00 PM Adminission: Students: $10 Adults: $12. Info at http://www.northwarren.org/2016/02/north-warren-regional-presents/
5) Feather Artistry Photography -- Spring Photography Sessions, March 12th, $100. http://www.featherartistry.com/
6) Nature's Harvest-- While supplies last, you can now get Seventh-Generation Natural laundry detergent for only $11.99 for a 100 ounce bottle! These retail for $21! That's an amazing savings! https://www.facebook.com/NaturesHarvestNJ/?fref=ts
7) SKYLAND WORLD TRAVEL -- Did you know First-time buyers: enjoy extra savings when you buy United miles through March 14. http://www.skylandworldtravel.com/
8) Blairstown Animal Hospital -- Dr. Harker just wanted to remind you that we will be having a Puppy Socialization Class this Sunday, February 28th from 12 to 1pm at our Blairstown Animal Hospital Office! Puppies between 8 and 16 weeks are welcome...please call to reserve your spot or if you have any questions. The classes are FREE! http://blairstownanimalhospital.com/
9) Jen Unick -North Warren's Premier Tastefully Simple Independent Consultant -- Tastefully Simple VIP SPECIAL: Free Shipping/Handling - on any order of $60 or more. **special discount only applies to orders directly ordered through me - no online orders** Deadline Friday - 2/26th. Check out the full product line at www.SimplyJen99.com
10) Antler Ridge Wildlife Sanctuary -- Donate Milk Replacers for Spring newborns. http://www.antler-ridge.com/
Did you see our new ad in The Press News Online?
Shopping local for your products and services saves you gas and time, supports your local economy, which in turn lowers your taxes and increases job opportunities, and strengthens your community thereby enhancing the health of local residents, creating a healthier environment, and offering more choices for those that live in the Blairstown area.
So if you live local, shop local! For a list of great businesses, just minutes from your home, visit http://www.shopgbba.org/our-members.html
On behalf of the Board of Directors, we'd like you to meet our newest members: B-Town Pest Control, Blairstown Electric and Cozy Cabin Bake Shoppe! Please take a moment to learn more about these great businesses!
The Greater Blairstown Business Association has established a grant program for high school graduating seniors who have demonstrated a desire to pursue a career in the field of business. By establishing this program, the Greater Blairstown Business Association demonstrates its commitment to nurturing the next generation of excellent leaders in the field of business. 24 recipients have been awarded the scholarship since 2005 for a total amount of over $11,000 in grants.
Each of the two (2) grants will award the recipients $500 to be used in the pursuit of a career in business. Each grantee will be required to submit the following to the Greater Blairstown Business Association Grant Committee:
Applications must be post marked no later than the second Monday in April. Please send your completed applications GBBA Grant Program, PO Box 398, Blairstown, NJ 07825 .
For more information, please visit our Scholarship Program page.
The 2015 winners, were Gavin Gross and Rylan LePage. Congratulations to both.
Agenda for 2/17/16 GBBA General Meeting
Networking from 6:00 to 6:30 pm:
Opening Remarks at 6:30 pm:
Board of Director Reports:
Presentation(s) at approximately 7:00 pm:
Member/Public Comments at approximately 7:15 pm
Closing Remarks and Networking from approximately 7:30 – 8:00 pm:
On behalf of the Board of Directors, we'd like you to meet our newest members: Usborne Happy, Blairstown PowerSports and Power Equipment and Antler Ridge Wildlife Sanctuary. Please take a moment to learn more about these great businesses!
Hello GBBA Members,
You are kindly invited to attend the February Greater Blairstown Business Association's Meet & Greet. This month, we'll be hosted by Gourmet Gallery at 31 Main St, Blairstown, NJ 07825 on February 17, 2016 from 6pm-8pm. This is your opportunity to discuss current association events, meet your business neighbors, share ideas, support one another, network and have a good time.We know some of you are coming straight from work and Gourmet Gallery will have light refreshments.
Please take a moment to RSVP on our February GBBA Meet & Greet event on Facebook so we can get an idea of how many members will be joining us. You can find that page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1727028944194006/
You don't have to be a GBBA member. Any business owner or their representative can attend. Members are encouraged to bring business brochures, cards, etc to display for the other attendees. We hope to see you there!
The GBBA Board
One of the best things about joining the Greater Blairstown Business Assocaition are the member-to-member benefits. Presently, the following great offers are available to all who join the GBBA:
The Blair Academy Players are going over the rainbow this winter with their production of The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum, with music and lyrics by Harold Arlen and E. Y. Harburg. Adapted by John Kane for the Royal Shakespeare Company and based upon the classical motion picture, the musical will be presented on February 11, 12 and 13 at 7:30 p.m., in the Armstrong-Hipkins Center for the Arts’ DuBois Theatre. General admission to the show is $10 for adults and $5 for non-Blair students.
According to director and longtime Blair theatre teacher Craig Evans, “we’re not in Kansas anymore,” as Dorothy (played by Emily Lunger ’17), the Scarecrow (played by Charlie Stafford ’17), the Tin Man (portrayed by Trevor Van Vliet ’16), and the Cowardly Lion (played by Phil Hettinger ’16) take on the Wicked Witch of the West (played by Brianna Annunziata ’16) so that Dorothy can return to Auntie Em (played by Jenna Faust ’16) and Uncle Henry (portrayed byLiam Heino ’17). Of course, holding the characters’ fates in his hands is the Wizard (played by Chris Bottone ’16).
“It’s such a treat to bring this classic movie to life on the stage,” said Mr. Evans, who has worked closely with student director Yueqi Du ’16 as the Players have rehearsed over the winter months. “I was in a production of this musical with the Hope Community Players a number of years ago, so the show holds a special place in my heart beyond watching it on television every year.”
Although the play is based upon the classic movie, there are some differences that make the live experience even more memorable. “We have tried remain close to the spirit of the movie, but we certainly also want to make the play our own,” said Mr. Evans. “Our actors are the main reason that seeing the play live is so much more engaging, so I encourage everyone to see our rendition in person.”
Members: Submit your news and events for posting here.