Unity in Business & Community
Agenda for 5/18//16 GBBA General Meeting
Networking from 6:00 to 6:30 pm:
- Please bring your business cards, brochures, flyers and samples to share! A special members-only table will be available to promote your business.
- Please bring items for our Gift Basket Door Prizes to be awarded at our Sip & Shop event on Sunday, May 22 from 1 to 4 pm at Brook Hollow Winery..
- Please bring items for GoLocal bags to be distributed on the 4th of July (100 items).
- Please make sure you sign in. If you would like to speak during public participation, please sign up to do so.
Opening Remarks at 6:30 pm:
- Thank you to First United Methodist Church and Pastor Dave for hosting.
- Self-introduction of members and guests.
Board of Director Reports:
- Chairperson – Sandra Roberts at Kaleidoscope Enrichment
- 1st Vice President – Jeannette Iurato at Panberry Properties
- 2nd Vice President – Ravi Romano at RE/MAX Ridge Real Estate
- Treasurer – Keith Van Derzee of YMCA Camp Mason
- Secretary – Angela Heim at MakeUp Eraser
- Past Chair – Ron Fischer at Redemption Processing Representatives, Inc.
- Invoices for annual membership dues have been sent. Please be sure to send in your check and renewal, so that you don’t have an interruption in your membership. Members not in good standing will be removed from GBBA media. Please see list of updated Member-to-Member Benefits.
- Upcoming events, volunteers needed
- Sip and Shop, May 22 -- Please spread the word and support
- Memorial Day Parade, May 29 -- Please volunteer to walk the parade
- Blairstown 4th of July -- Please volunteer to man the table, donate items for GoLocal bags
- Tour de Blairstown, August 6 -- Please volunteer to vend and coordinate
- Main Street lighting petition
- BEC WiFi
- Updated Bylaws passed by the Board
- Business Book Lending Library, Book Discussion, Motivational/Educational Videos
- New Members Area of GBBA website
- New Marketing materials on the way to promote the GBBA
- Sign up for discounted subscription to Success Magazine
- Summer meetings announced for June and July! Next meetings: Wednesday, June 15, 6 to 8 pm. Location TBD. Please invite others.
Presentation(s) at approximately 7 pm:
- Lisa Kelly of the Foodshed Alliance will present the group’s Regional Foodshed Resiliency Plan. Their recent study included identifying the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to the local food system. The plan includes goals for strengthening the food system, and outlines the creation of an implementation plan.
Public Participation at approximately 7:30 pm
- Please sign up to present your activities, news, events, etc. Please, no direct solicitation. Everyone will be given 3 to 5 minutes to share.
Closing Remarks and Networking from approximately 7:30 – 8:00 pm:
- Thank you all for attending.